The DanDeTox Trifecta!
Liver health and healthy kidney function are one of the key things we, as bird keepers, must focus on. Whether you are wanting to maintain a healthy kidney and liver function, or trying to reverse and heal damage already done, DanDeTox is the kidney cleansing, liver detox for you! Three unique varieties!
PowderTox version includes a measuring scoop. HerbalTox version includes a stainless steel tea ball infuser. Both PowderTox and HerbalTox are sold in 1 pound, easy pour - easy store tubs!
Our AloeTox is for serious speed healing. Highly concentrated! The 4oz bag is more than enough for 24 days of 1/2tsp, twice daily doses. (Use just once daily as a preventative.) Additionally, AloeTox can be used as a daily misting spray for birds with sensative or dry skin. The Aloe will help soothe the irritation while also cooling the skin.
In need of serious Detox? We suggest combining and using all three forms together. Buy them together and save! Choose the DanDeTox Deluxe from the drop down menu.
All of our herbs (and powders!) are 100% Organic Human Grade products. They are also food grade meaning they are safe to eat.
Steep or brew the Herbal! A healthy tea blend you can enjoy with your pal! (Burdock has a strong, somewhat bitter taste. If your bird finds it offensive, you can mask it with a dab of pure raw honey, or a bit of natural fruit juice! For additional effect after steeping, toss the herbs in with their next meal.)
Milk Thistle Seeds, Dandelion Root, Nettle Leaf, and Burdock Root.
- Burdock root contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are shown to improve health. Burdock root contains the antioxidants quercetin and luteolin, which have properties that may prevent cancer cells from growing and mutating. Burdock root has been used to detoxify the liver and body for centuries.
- Milk Thistle has been used for ages to treat liver issues in all species. Liver disease in birds usually is caused by a poor diet, high in fat and calories, which can lead to a distended liver, breathing issues and poor feather quality.
- Dandelion is well known for its benefits to the health of the liver and its ability to remove toxins from the body. With liver disease and liver related ailments being so common in captive parrots, dandelion should be at or near the top of the list for healthy foods that can help combat and prevent a parrot from developing potentially fatal liver related health problems which can come about as a result of a poor diet and weight gain due to limited physical activity (lack of flying). This is of course not an alternative to seeking veterinary advice and treatment – but including Dandelion as part of the diet can only add to overall liver health in any bird.
- Some specific medicinal properties of nettles is that it is a kidney and adrenal restorative, diuretic, blood purifier, astringent, anti-inflammatory, vulnerary (helps body to heal wounds by promoting cell growth and repair), hormone balancer, and a natural antihistamine.
Sprinkle the dose over fresh fruit, or chop. Or dissolve in water! Measuring scoop included!
Marshmallow Root powder and Milk Thistle See Powder.
- Some of the most impressive benefits of marshmallow root include its ability to improve the health of the skin, feathers, protect the respiratory system, optimize digestion and strengthen the immune system. It is well-known as a diuretic and is closely linked to kidney health. It speeds up the process of eliminating excess fats, salts, toxins and water from the body.
- Milk Thistle repairs cells and encourages cell growth. The active ingredient, or liver-protecting compound in Milk Thistle is known as silymarin. Milk Thistle naturally contains about 70 - 80% Silymarin (and many other constituents thought to work in harmony). Silymarin also encourages healthy liver cell growth, and can reduce inflammation.
Dissolve 1/2tsp in your birds water dish. Twice daily for serious healing and cleansing, once daily as a prevention in healthy birds. Measuring scoop is included!
- Made with Filtered Whole Leaf and Inner Fillet Aloe Vera. Daily Detoxifying Formula. 100% Organic Aloe powder. Nothing added!
- Safe to use with other Detoxing items that contain Milk Thistle or other herbs.
- Birds with advanced liver disease that have been given only weeks to live by the vet turned completely around after daily administration of Aloe Detox by the owner. Holistic vets recommended "as much of Aloe Detox" as the owner could get the parrot to drink.
- If administered in drinking water, some birds who might not like the taste, may stop drinking! Make sure your pet stays sufficiently hydrated. For easier administration, you may want to mix in a bit of fruit juice to help mask the taste.
My young Pineapple Green Cheek Conure Loki is going through a rough baby molt. So far this product as well as the others suggested have been taking the sting out of a never ending molt.