Sproutables! - Gourmet Grains - Original
Now, this isn't your everyday, grocery store "bird seed". While it is designed to replace a "seed feed" for small birds, or seed-addicted birds, this product is the first of its kind. Its uses are endless! And, like all of our products, we use NO SUNFLOWER, SOY, or CORN in our grain blends!
Shown dry, Sprouted, Cooked, and modeled by our lovely friends!
Gourmet Grains advantages over grocery store bird seed blends:
- All Organic, and Human Grade food. You can feel good knowing you are feeding a real, whole, natural food.
- No artificial colors, salts, sugars, preservatives, or other unnatural additives.
- No "dead seeds". Our mix will sprout at least at a 99% sprout ratio because these are fresh, live "seeds"!
- No empty hulls, or heavy fillers. Our blend is 100% edible. This means no waste, and that saves you money!
- The only "bird seed" available that you can soak, sprout, cook, mix into a birdy bread, sprinkle on chop, scramble with an egg, etc. Be creative! :)
You can feed this mix dry, or you can soak and sprout it! You can also cook it! When cooked, this blend becomes a nutty, multigrain delight about the consistency of something like Malt o Meal, with bits!
Instructions for cooking: Add 1 part Gourmet Grain Mix to 4 parts boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve.
*Sold in 1 pound ($9.99/lb), 3 pound ($6.66/lb), 5 pound ($5.99/lb), and 10 pound ($4.99/lb) bags! Save by buying in bulk!*
As with all of our products, we use only Human Grade foods. This means that everything in this "seed" blend is completely edible for you too! We don't buy or use animal feed grade products that sit in damp warehouses, sometimes for months before they ship to stores! By using only Human Grade foods, we ensure that everything in our products has passed rigorous inspections, to be sure it's safe enough, while not intended for, for Human consumption.
Gourmet Grains - Original Ingredients:
White Millet, Buckwheat Groats, Red Quinoa, White Quinoa, Whole Oat Groats, Hard Red Wheat, Soft White Wheat, Cracked Barley, Cracked Rye, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Millet, Ground Buckwheat, Wheat Grass, and Flax Seeds.
Small Bag - 1/2 pound
Large Bag - 1 pound
RINSE & SOAK!
(6 - 12 hours)
- First rinse your seeds thoroughly until the water runs clear. If their are "floaters" remove them, as they are most likely 'dead' seeds and will not sprout. (Keep in mind that certain seeds might ALWAYS float even if they're good! Pumpkin seeds, Amaranth, and Broccoli are just a few examples.) Next, we suggest soaking the seeds in a solution of 1 part ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) to 2 parts water for 2 minutes. This step ensures that your seeds are thoroughly clean. Rinse completely and soak in plain water for 6-12 hours depending on the seeds you are sprouting. Soaking is how we begin the actual sprouting process. Most seeds will not sprout without soaking first. We soak all of our Sprouts here for 12 hours. We also recommend adding a few drops of GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) to the water during the soak. This helps make sure the seeds are free of any bacteria, without keeping them from sprouting.
RINSE & DRAIN!
2 times per day
- This is how often your seeds should be watered. Rinsing thoroughly and then draining as much water as possible are key components to growing great sprouts. Failure to do so can cause mold growth or Sprout Spoilage. Entire sprout crops can be lost if your seeds become water logged. Be sure to drain thoroughly and allow them to 'dry out' a bit before watering again. We use a 12 hour routine here because it's easy to remember. Every 12 hours, our sprouts are thoroughly rinsed for 5 minutes, and then drained completely. Once per day, we spray them with a very light mist of our GSE and water solution after they are drained.
2 - 8 days
- The time it takes to grow a finished Sprout, or other crop (Micro-Greens, Grass, Greens) from a dry seed. Sprouting for 5-8 days is our personal preference. You may grow them for as long as you want! We suggest tasting them at each rinse to find where you like them best! Our Baby Sprouts are harvested on the end of Day 2 (Soak is not counted as a Day. So this means 2 days of rinsing and draining. In this time, most seeds will have tiny root buds emerging from the hulls, thus they are "babies". Our MicroGreens are harvested between 5 and 8 days depending on the seed. Some seeds are slower growers so we give them longer, some grow faster and are harvested sooner.)
My Budgies love this!
Both my budgies LOVE these gourmet grains! This is the 1st thing picked out of the food bowl. I’m also new to sprouting, and am currently working on my 1st batch with these! Thank you for the detailed instructions, as well as high quality, beautiful organic seeds!
Some like it soaked and some like it dry
Gourmet grains original sprouts wonderfully after soaking overnight. My grey and Quaker parrot are fans of the grains done this way. My caique ❤️ it dry and crunch munch crunch munches all the yummy goodness! So give it a try either way and watch your bird enjoy Wayley’s Gourmet Grains! I bought the 5 lb bag.